An hour and a half - good time to be able to take time - really the correct way to sketch. Fast is sometimes better but thoughtful observation scores more often than not.
- Because they are on a bike body proportions don’t change - if anything the legs appear longer
- Drawing the ones crossing in front of me was an unwise choice - they go past so fast
- Better to draw those approaching at an angle to me from a distance as relative speed gives more time - not much
- Better to draw parts from different riders and compile.
- But mainly if you have a repetitive moving subject take a long hard look and gauge key relationships before starting.
Trees on a hill - very sculptural. With the careful observation required you do see so much more.
These two pages done with my trusty pens and water reservoir brushes. Handy sketching tools but not my preferred brushes.